A Sit Down With Designers Featuring Ziggy Savella
Ziggy Savella has become a household name for his sharp suits and meticulously-detailed barongs. A little known fact about him is that he had also had the chance to design crew uniforms for some of the country’s top-selling fastfood chains. Apart from his usual commissions for tailored creations, Ziggy had also found his niche in comfortable chic pajama fashion.
We put the spotlight on Ziggy Savella as he gives us a peek of his world in the fast-paced industry.
1. One word to best describe your designs would be?
2. What is the best thing about being a designer?
To be able to translate my vision into something other people can wear.
3. If you weren’t in fashion, you’d be?
Either mixing drinks or mixing music.
4. What is the key to becoming a successful designer?
Balancing out the craft and the business.
5. When you’re looking to get inspired, what do you do?
Disconnect from everything and go on a long walk
6. What keeps you excited about working in fashion?
Exciting and nerve-wrecking is the idea of how people will respond to your creation
7. Your most memorable achievement?
I’ll have to get back to you with that.
8. And the best piece of style advice you could give?
Keep being inspired and just enjoy it.
All photos are from Ziggy Savella’s Instagram (@ziggysavella)